Friday, December 25, 2015

London

DISCLAIMER

Please do this survey, it will help me with my data collecting for my project

Hello,

And welcome to todays post about London, England. London is such a beautiful city to visit, especially in the summer time when the weather isn't too hot but not too cold either. London is the perfect location for a fun, city holiday that will be interesting for all ages. 

My mum and I went to London in summer 2014 and enjoyed it a lot. It was a long weekend filled with some serious shopping and sightseeing. All the locals in London were very nice and helpful, and overall the trip was very good. The only bad thing about London (as well as a lot of other places) was that the hotels were extremely expensive, unless you got lucky and found a cheap alternative. 


Tower Bridge


Of course, when you're in London you obviously have to go see the changing of the guards at the Royal Buckingham Palace, where the Queen of England lives. Even though (in my opinion) the changing of the guards is a bit overrated, it is still a must-see in London. I would suggest going to the Buckingham palace pretty early to get a good spot so you can see properly. If you keep your eyes open, you might even spot the Queen in one of the windows of the palace :)

Buckingham Palace


Horse-police in front of the Buckingham Palace


Another must see place is the natural history museum. This museum you can enter free of charge and the museum is very well kept and interesting even for the younger people who might be travelling with you. The only bad thing is that the museum is always very crowded, but apart from that, I really enjoyed looking and reading all the interesting facts about the different things in the museum. The museum is divided into four different zones; the blue, red, orange and green zones. Each zone contains different things such as animals, human biology, geography etc. If you visit the museum in the winter time, you can also go ice-skating in the famous ice rink in front of the museum, which costs £12. 


Natural History Museum 


One place me and my mum didn't have time to go to (and also my mum didn't want to go to) was the Warner Bros Harry Potter studios. If you are a hardcore Harry Potter fan like I am, the Harry Potter studios would be an amazing place to visit. There you have all the different objects they used in the movies, and all the costumes etc, and the guided tours give you more in depth explanations of each of the different things and what they were used for. If I were to go back to England at some point in my life, I will definitely want to visit the Harry Potter studios. For more information (ticket prices etc) click here to access the Warner Bros website. You can also click here to access a vlog of a YouTuber called Zoella, which roughly shows you the experience you will get when you visit the studios (warning: spoilers). 

Telephone box in the streets of London



As for sights, a thing I would also definitely recommend seeing is the Big Ben and the London Eye. My mum and I actually didn't go on the London Eye, because of the long queue, but the experience would probably be amazing; seeing London from up above. By taking the tube (the London underground) to the Westminster station, you will arrive right next to the Big Ben. From here, you can take amazing pictures of the typical London view, as I did (see pictures below). You could also walk to the Big Ben from the Buckingham Palace, because the walk isn't that long (I would definitely suggest walking, especially if the weather is lovely).


The Big Ben







Lastly, a place I would recommend for shopping is the Oxford Street and the Westfield Mall. Oxford Street literally has all the stores a teenager (or any shopping lover for that matter) needs and wants to shop in. Oxford street has for example: Primark, H&M, Lush, Urban Outfitters, New Look, Bershka and many, many more that you can discover here. The same is with the Westfield mall; it is filled all the most popular stores (mostly the same ones that are on Oxford Street). I would suggest picking your shopping location depending on the weather; if it is a nice day go to Oxford Street which is, obviously, outside and it's a rainy day, go to the Westfield Mall, which is indoors. My mum and I went to both of these locations and I found both of them to be extremely good. To get more information on the Westfield mall, you can click here.









That's about all I have for you today! I hope you found this post helpful and if you have any questions or improvement ideas, you can leave them in the comment section below.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas (for those who celebrate it) and I hope to see you soon with my next blog post :)

Thank you for reading,

Karoliina

1 comment: