Sunday, December 6, 2015

welcome

Hey everyone,

And welcome to my brand new blog. I am really happy you took time out of your life to check out this blog and hopefully you will continue reading this in the future.

This blog will be a part of my grade 10 personal project for the IB. The personal project is basically an independent research project. You get 6 months to complete your project and it can be anything. If you would like to read more about the personal project, click here to access to IB website for more information on the personal project. 

me n' my bros in the philippines 
In this blog, I will be talking about 10 different locations around the world, which I have visited. Each blog post will be informative, telling you about the different things you can do in these places, what you can eat in these places etc. I write from personal experience, but I will also be doing further research on the places which I am not as familiar with. 

Now, a little bit about me. I am a 16-year-old girl from Finland, but I am currently living in Shanghai, China. I have lived in Finland, Czech Republic and China, and in my opinion, I have travelled quite a lot. I love travelling. Seeing different cultures and experiencing life in different countries is something I am find very fascinating. My family consists of 6 people; my mum, dad, 3 little brothers and me. As you can probably already guess, travelling with a big family is something I am very experienced with. Ever since my little brothers were born in 2009, travelling became a lot harder for my family, but we still managed to go to at least one different location each year! 

I play the piano and have played for almost 10 years now. It is something I enjoy doing in my free time when I do have free time. I also play volleyball for my school team and I really enjoy athletics. I also play golf sometimes! Another thing I'm very interested in is photography. I got my camera in 2012 when I was 12 years old and ever since then I always take pictures, especially on holidays. This blog will be featuring a lot my the pictures I have taken over the years. 



To start off, I will write about Shanghai since that is the city I currently know most about, because as I already said, I live here now. Stay tuned and check each week for more posts. I am very excited to start writing. Unfortunately I can't take suggestions on the locations I write about, but if you have any other questions or suggestions about what I should improve on, please leave them in the comments below :) 

Thank you so much for reading,

Karoliina






No comments:

Post a Comment